Monday, February 23, 2009

ON THE 81ST ACADEMY AWARDS

  • I absolutely LOVED Hugh Jackman's musical numbers (especially the one with Beyonce, Vanessa Hudgens, Zac Efron, Amanda Seyfried and Dominic Cooper- did you guys see Amanda fall on her bum while coming down the stairs?). I AM IN-LOVE WITH WOLVERINE!
  • I thought the funniest ish was Jack Black's comment about how he makes his money by doing a movie with Dreamworks every year then betting his money on Pixar's for the Oscar's. That nearly killed me!
  • Is it just me or did Jennifer Aniston seem a bit tense while presenting? Afterall, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie were right infront of her! But whatever... John Mayer was there behind them. So Jenniefer Aniston and John Mayer- are they or aren't they?
  • I loved the way the previous winners (for the best {supporting} actors/actresses) introduced the nominees and welcomed the winner. I really liked how they made it so personal.
  • I've always thought Sophia Loren was one of the most beautiful actresses in Hollywood. But did you see her tonight? What was she wearing? And her face... multiple facelifts and botox, perhaps?
  • How come there weren't many nominees for Best Music (Song)? I always look forward to the performances every year but tonight, I was disappointed.
  • I thought Danny Boyle's "Tigger" moment was just a bit weird. But since it was supposed to be for his children, then okay.
  • YAY FOR 'SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE'!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment