Thursday, February 19, 2009

MY VERY OWON LAPTOP

On Sunday afternoon, I went to Best Buy with my mom and hubby. We were there to buy my dad a new laptop. The hubby did all the research beforehand so we were really only there to see if they had any in stock then purchase it.

When we got there, the hubby showed me the laptop he recommended to my parents. He said that if I wanted a laptop, he'd get me the exact same one my mom was getting- good specs, good price, very good deal!

But when I saw the laptop, it didn't catch my attention the way I expected it to. I didn't feel that flutter of excitement that I thought I'd get now that I'm actually laptop-shopping! So I started looking around but every time I showed Brice something that I liked, he kept on saying, "No, the other one is waaaayyyy better."

It was really frustrating. There I was hoping I'd leave the store with a brand new laptop but it seemed like I wasn't having any luck. Brice kept on pushing for that laptop. I told him I didn't want it. When he asked me why, I told him the truth:

"I want something shiny! I want something that would look cool! I wanna be able to take it out and not feel too blah about it. I don't need that extra 1GB of memory! Besides, this has a better processor (like I knew what I was talking about). And it's only $50 more, which is really just an additional $7 per month compared to the other one- and I actually will like it. I WANT SOMETHING SHINY!"

He finally gave in- like always. So here I am typing away on my very own, brand-new laptop!!! But now I have to start getting used to using a PC- it's been a while.

4 comments:

  1. you are such a girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what else is new with you? You always get what you want...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to catch up on my reading...
    Thanks, I had fun!
    So how does the SHINY laptop feel in your fingertips? dili slide?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think im changing it to a mac since i'm so used to it already :-(

    but a shiny mac! :-D

    ReplyDelete