Saturday, February 21, 2009

I WANNA LEARN HOW TO...

KNIT!!!

Why?! Because I always find myself falling in love with all these expensive, KNITTED scarves and hats every year. So I figured, instead of paying at least $20-$30 for each, why not learn how to knit and make my own?! That way I can control the colour(s), style, length, etc.So now... I just need to find somebody who can teach me the basics- since it's easier for me that way compared to trying to figure it out on my own from a book or magazine. Then later on when I'm used to it, I will make ALL of you scarves and/or hats as presents (bday, xmas, etc.)!

5 comments:

  1. Don't look at me Ting, I will just be a happy recipient when you are an expert already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. mom doesn't know how either. im gonna check out the community centres or michael's. maybe they'll have free lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can buy you a "Knitting for Dummies" book for your birthday!!! :)

    oh btw, when i volunteered at the shelter a couple months back, we were sorting donated clothes, and someone donated a BAG of newly-knitted scarves and hats. and they looked like the ones you could buy at the store for $30 bucks each. lucky homeless people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't want the book (like mentioned above)... thanks tho! i'd rather have somebody show me... at least i'll have somebody to ask in case i don't get it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. remember when meredith decided to knit in exchange for not having ____? hahaha.

    ReplyDelete