Monday, February 16, 2009

ANIMAL SOUNDS

One day, Kyla wanted to play "pretend" with me. She was going to be a little girl who lived in a farm. She wanted me to play the different animals.

This is how our conversation went: (This is the easiest way for me to tell the story.)

KYLA: "Mommy, you're gonna be a rooster. You have to crow so I can wake up."

ME: "Okay... TUK-TU-GA-OK! TUK-TU-GA-OK!

Kyla opened her eyes and stared at me with this really confused look on her face.

KYLA: "Mommy, what are you doing?! You're supposed to crow like a rooster!"

ME: "I did! I did crow like a rooster!"

KYLA: "No, you didn't. You did something else. You said TUK-TU-SOMETHING. It's supposed to be COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO!

ME: "Well, Kyla... In the Philippines, that's the sound roosters make!"

KYLA: "What kind of roosters do they have in the Philippines?!"

* * S I G H * *

KYLA: "Okay, mommy. Now you be a frog and I'm trying to go to sleep but you keep making noises."

ME: "KOKAK! KOKAK!

Kyla looks at me again very confused. She was getting really exasperated.

KYLA: "Mommy, what are you doing?!"

ME: "I'm making frog noises. Isn't that what you wanted me to do?"

KYLA: "Yeah, but that's not the right sound, mommy! It's supposed to be RIBBIT! RIBBIT!

ME: "Well, Kyla... In the Philippines, that's the sound frogs make!"

KYLA: "How come animals in the Philippines make weird sounds? Oh yea... I know why! THEY'RE TAGALOG!"

* * D O U B L E S I G H * *


*As far as Kyla is concerned, every Filipino IS Tagalog.

6 comments:

  1. HA-HA-HA. ROTFL. Rolling on the floor laughing.
    Grabe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should write a book about little Kyla's experiences. Very funny and interesting. Worth sharing the laughter!

    Tito E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually keep this little notebook where I write down all the funny and interesting stuff that comes out of her little mouth from when she started to learn how to talk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was hilarious! I really enjoy reading stories about kids...they say the "___est" things. I agree with Tito E., you should read a book about you experiences with her. Your Kyla is witty!...what with 2 smart parents(...and grandparents!).

    Tita T of T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Correction:...you should WRITE (not read) a book about your experiences with her... sorry, I didn't proof-read it well.

    Tita T of T

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG....HAHAHAHAH!!! thank you...that made my day!

    ReplyDelete