Saturday, February 7, 2009

LA-LO-LA

Being on maternity leave has given me lots of free time to spend... catching up on Filipino soap operas! I have video on demand TFC (The Filipino Channel) at home so I can watch my shows anytime I want. But because I have too much free time on my hands, I sorta run out of good shows to watch on TFC. So I've resorted to buying soap operas by the other network, GMA, at the Filipino video store.

I'm not exactly a GMA fan but the girl at the video store recommended this show called Lalola. I told her I'd think about it and maybe I'll buy it next time I come back. But she was so sure that I'd enjoy the show that she gave me the first DVD for free!


That same night, Brice and I watched Disc 1 of Lalola and 4 hours later... we were hooked! We needed the next discs. The next day, we were back at the video store and picked up Discs 2-4. The girl laughed when she saw us and just said, "I told you you'll like it." We finished all 3 discs in a couple of days but Disc 5 wasn't available yet. It was only until a couple of days ago that we got a hold of Disc 5. Today, we just picked up Discs 6-7 (which we'll probably finish in the next several hours).

Apparently, the show is still running in the Philippines and will be wrapping up soon. When it does, what do I watch next?

*Each disc is approximately 4 hours long. They are 9 for $20. Soooo worth it!!!
**If you do the math, the hubby and I are paying about $0.50/hour. Where else can you get that?!

3 comments:

  1. Ting,
    Can I borrow that? I have nothing to watch now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was a very good sales strategy... translation: na-ilad ka.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tita E, Brice's parents started watching it. They should be done disc1. Then I'll drop it off.

    Tita D, may gyung pagka-ilara! LOL.

    ReplyDelete