Wednesday, February 11, 2009

MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!

While helping out at the store, a very well-dressed lady came in. She was looking at the magazines and started talking to me about random celebrities. She seemed very nice and friendly. There was nobody at the store so we started talking about random stuff- including family.

I mentioned to her that I have 2 beautiful girls at home. Then she asked me how old I was. I told her I was pretty young when I had my 1st one but everything turned out well for me. Then all of a sudden, she changed from this sweet, pretty lady to this horrible, monstrous witch (with a capital B)!


She started lecturing me about life and about being a young mom. The whole time I was thinking, "Mahn! The words coming out of her mouth are worse than what anybody else (my parents included) has ever said to me. Who the heck does she think she is?" And her tone was very condescending.


I just stood there speechless and pissed beyond pissed. She kept on going on and on until she mentioned that she was 45 when she had her first child and that she wouldn't have changed a thing. She said she's done everything she wanted to do- get a job she likes, travel around the... not the world... Caribbean, go on cruises, had a nice white wedding, etc...

I honestly don't care how old anybody wants to be when they want to have children. If they wanna have it when they're 20, 50 or even 80... I DON'T CARE! That's their own decision. If they don't wanna have any children, that's up to them too. I don't think I'm entitled to judge anybody for the decisions they make.

So anyway, back to the female dog, she said to me that I must be so ashamed going to my daughter's activities at school since the other parents and even teachers may be talking about how old or should I say, how YOUNG I am.


This is when I decided to stop biting my tongue. I turned to her and said...


"I actually like volunteering at my child's school. I don't care what others say about me. I WOULD RATHER HAVE THEM TALK ABOUT HOW YOUNG I AM THAN TO BE MISTAKEN TO BE MY CHILD'S GRANDMOTHER! Oh, and about the stuff you've already done... getting a good job, touring the Caribbean, having a nice white wedding... I've done those too! Not the cruises yet though. I'm waiting til I'm YOUR age to do it. Anyway, you should get going ma'am. You're grandchild... I mean, your child must be waiting for you at home. BTW, I'm 25 and my mom's YOUNGER than YOU! Have a great day! "

*For the curious ones, I was 18 when I had my first child- not that it's any of your business.

5 comments:

  1. GO GIRL! YAY YOUNG MOTHERS WHO'S MADE SOMETHING OUT OF THEMSELVES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asa man ka naliwat uy? Mora'g dili sa akong amiga!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God she's a stranger...imagine if she was one of your circle of influence? At least you don't have to deal with her on a regular basis. If by any chance you'll run into her again, go the opposite way...she's obviously MISERABLE. The good thing about life is that we are free to choose the people we surround ourselves with (-: Cheer up, Ting.,,inggit lang sya!

    Tita T of T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inggit lang siya kay tiguwang na siya nakatilaw ug... And who is she to give a lecture on life. Let's see how her child would grow up into somebody. Parenting is not only for the old. It's for everyone who has a very positive outlook in life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoa. what a bitch. her not you. good for you girl. stand your ground! if it wasnt for you having a baby at 18, we wouldn't have beautiful goddaughters to dote on. that woman's GRANDCHILD is prolly ugly anyway.

    and uhm, i think she'll have a heart attack once she reads this article about a 13-year old dad.
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2233878.ece

    ReplyDelete