Sunday, February 15, 2009

MY TASTY VALENTINE

The hubby and I had our Valentine's Day dinner at Ruth's Chris Steak House in downtown Toronto. We've been wanting to go there for years now but never got around to doing it until now.

Mahn! I can't believe we've waited this long to dine there. Their steak was definitely THE BEST STEAK the hubby and I have ever had!

We were very lucky to have gotten a table for tonight. The hubby called them at 1:00 am last night to see if we can make reservations. Lo and behold, they had one more available slot!

The restaurant's ambiance was perfect! We ordered their 3-course prix fixe meal. Both the hubby and I had lobster bisque as appetizers. For the main course, the hubby had their rib eye steak while I had the filet. Our side dishes were mashed potatoes and sauteed mushrooms.

The steaks were served in hot and sizzling plates. The server actually had us hold up our napkins to prevent our clothes from getting splattered on. Apparently, their steaks are broiled in 1800*F to lock in the flavours.

When we crave for good steak, we usually go to The Keg. But now, I don't think we can ever go back to eating steak from The Keg after tasting Ruth's Chris Steak House's steak.

The only downside is though, the place is a bit pricey for normal people like myself. I almost had a heart attack when we got the bill- LOL. But it was an evening and money well-spent.

2 comments:

  1. If it tastes that good - the price usually follows. Once in a year is not bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe even once every 2-3 years! LOL.

    ReplyDelete