Sunday, February 22, 2009

DEBIT, PLEASE

I was lining up at a convenient store when the man infront of me asked the cashier if he could use his debit card to pay for a bottle of iced tea that cost $2.00. When he entered his PIN and everything, the cashier told him that the transaction was declined.

The guy just laughed and said, "Okay, okay. Hold on. Let me get a can of pop instead."

So he did. This time for $0.99 on his debit- again. But it was still declined. "Insufficient funds," the cashier told him.

The guy laughed once again and left the store. The people lining up just shook their heads and laughed, too.

OKAY.
I know it's probably none of my business, but don't people check how much they have in their bank accounts before they start swiping it around? I was embarrassed enough when my debit card was declined- which I later found out that my bank cancelled it because of 'suspected fraudulent activities.' But being declined due to insufficient funds- for $0.99?! C'mon people! That is so not a laughing matter.

Please check how much funds you have available before you start going around using your debit card AND embarrassing yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment