Friday, January 9, 2009

FOREVER YOUNG


Browsing through some old pictures in the computer, it reminded me of what Kyla told me when she first started school. I believe it was her first few weeks at school and at that time, "Apa" (Brice's dad) would pick her up when she got off since Brice and I would be at work. As time went by, Apa made friends with the other Filipino dads who also picked up their kids. One day, when Apa wasn't there to pick her up (I went instead), she said: "Mommy, my friends' dads said to say hi to my dad but I think they were talking about Apa. He's friends with them you know cuz they're the same age." So I asked her what she said to them. And she answered, "I told them Apa's not my dad- he's my Grandpa! MY MOM AND DAD ARE TEENAGERS!"

*Until now, she still tells everyone that her parents are teenagers. Her reasoning? Because we don't look like her other friends' parents. The other parents look more like Apa and Ama OR Papa and Mama. Oh geez!

5 comments:

  1. Hilarious! Nagsakit akong tiyan og katawa, Ting.

    Tita T from T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Typical of Kyla!!!

    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've already explained to her what a 'teenager' is several times but she still insists that I still look like a teenager (way labot si brice). haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, teen-ager! Don't you just love that girl?!

    kalidadis-ly yours,
    Tita D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg hahahaha...this is hilarious!!!! way labot si brice sa pagkateenager? may na lang, she thinks na bata pa ka'g itsura.

    ReplyDelete