Wednesday, January 21, 2009

SALE


I used to be a shop-a-holic. When I went to school downtown, my friends and I would walk to the nearby mall during our breaks to "see what's new." But there was never anything new because we never gave the stores a chance to get something new. We were there almost every single day- and every single day, I never came out of the mall empty-handed! Be it a new pair of shoes, a pretty top or even underwear, I always came home with something new. I would even buy Kyla random stuff that she probably didn't even need. Don't worry, I never bought anything that wasn't on SALE but it came to a point where I had to stuff my purchase(s) in my schoolbag so no one will bother me about it when I got home. Even though I only had a part-time job then, I didn't find it necessary to quit my not-so-bad habit.

Fast forward to the present.


I can say that I have a pretty good and somewhat secure job but... I DON'T GO SHOPPING ANYMORE. Every time I go to the mall and attempt to buy something, I'm like a new immigrant converting how much it would really cost me- but this time it's "how many hours do I have to work to pay for this?" Most of the time I could never justify working a full 8-hour shift just to pay for a pair of Aldo shoes. So now I've been walkin out of the mall empty-handed.


Now why didn't I have that mentality before?


*I finally bought me a couple of tops last week- only because they were 2 for $10! YAY!

3 comments:

  1. Kudos to you Ting... that is quite an improvement. I am so proud of you!

    Tita T from T

    ReplyDelete
  2. who's tita t from t? is that my mom???

    ReplyDelete