Friday, January 2, 2009

BACK TO REALITY

(above: bumming around, karaoke-ing, eating, chatting, and more... all at the same time!)

Spending the New Year with our closest friends and families was the BEST way to start the year!

It was only a couple of days ago when we left for London (ON) to ring in the New Year at the Gonzales' but it seems like we were on vacation for a long time. It was nice just sitting around, eating LOTS of GOOD FOOD and just catching up with everybody. It was almost like the good ol' days back in the Phils although now I didn't know if I belonged in the Kids section or with the old... i mean, cool moms... oh my! I mostly spent my time with the mommies since all the cool young'ns were mostly chillin' in the basement which I found a bit too cold for me (I guess I AM getting a little old- yikes!). But I had tons of fun discovering a lot of VERY interesting things about my titos, titas, MOM and etc. I also introduced them to my buddy Happyslip. Maybe Happyslip will be invited next year as Tito Bong's new friend. HE-HE-HE. KIDDING! I'm sure she's not a homewrecker! BUWAHAHAHA!

Anyway, we really had so much fun the past couple of days and I wish we could get together like this more often. They are MY FAMILY here and I can NOT wait til NEXT NEW YEAR! For now, I need to burn off all the 'excess baggage' I brought home with me from London! And what?! I actually have to cook our meals now?! *sigh*


**Thanks to Tito Erv for teaching us yet another
English term of a Bisaya word I haven't heard in a while- very FLATTERING indeed!

4 comments:

  1. Ting,
    You have moved from an "anak" to a "Mommy" now. Geez, how time flies. Yes, Uncle Erv is a walking bisayan dictionary (bisan pataka lang!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Ms. Randomness wants to be flattering, we don't want to be part of any of it. Go flatter, Ms. Randomness.

    And you Ms. Blah, has caught up with us so gracefully. Good luck!

    me,
    Ms. Kalidadis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry folks, but that is Chavacano trying to be a Bisayan. I think I found the word! It is "flirting" and not "flattering" to signify "igat" in Bisayan.

    ReplyDelete