Tuesday, December 23, 2008

X-MAS SHOPPING NIGHTMARES


I was at the Scarborough Town Centre this afternoon to do some last-minute shopping. Mahn, oh mahn! I totally forgot how hectic it gets in the malls around this time of the year. My Christmas shopping is usually done by the end of November since we always go south of the border during their Thanksgiving weekend to take advantage of the Black Friday deals. But this year, thanks to the low exchange rate, it was bye bye Black Friday shopping for me :-(

So as I was saying... I went to the mall today with the hubby and the girls. Just turning in to the parking lot, I already knew I was gonna have a bad day! Even the farthest parking spot was taken. But I still decided to see if the Customer with Child spots were all taken. As I was nearing the spots, I saw the spot nearest to the entrance empty. I signaled to make sure other drivers knew I was turning into that spot even though I was still a few metres away. I was almost there when this car turned in and parked in MY spot! HELLLLOOOO?!?! I SIGNALLED FIRST! But he wasn't gonna give up the spot. He turned first! *rolling my eyes* UGH! $%#^%$#! Fine! Then there was another spot on the other side. So I hurried but again, somebody got there first. The pretty Asian lady got out of her Honda Accord and... ran straight to the mall entrance! Wait a minute. Why'd she run off?! She parked in the 'Customer with Child' spot but she ran off without a child! What the...?! That's when I lost it... I couldn't even scream at her cuz she ran in to the mall so fast since she probably knew what the other drivers would do once they realized she didn't have a kid with her. But I was sooo pissed off that... I RAN AFTER HER! Yes, I did. I put the car to park, turned on my hazard signals and RAN AFTER HER. She was still walking so fast even inside the mall. I was a few metres behind her but I didn't wanna scream, "Hey You!" So I followed her... to the BATHROOM! I thought, "Perfect!" As soon as I went in, I said, "Excuse me? Was that your Silver Honda Accord parked just outside the entrance?" And she replied, "YES." I smiled and said, "You know that's a spot for 'Customers with Children,' right? It doesn't look to me like you have any AND I have 2 with me! Guess what this lady did?! She shrugged her shoulders and went inside the bathroom stall! Like, really! GGGgggRRRRRrrrrr... *&%$$#%$&^*&^(*%^%$@#$!^&^*&(* !!! My heart was beating so fast that I thought I was gonna explode. I went back to the car, dropped off the kids to the closest entrance and left to find a parking spot. I ended up parking in an uncovered area and as soon as I got off, it started to snow! (It's just my luck, eh?) But oh wellz... At least I got a spot.

The mall was so crowded and a lot of people were rude and impatient- including mall employees! Geez... Now I remember why I HATE doing last-minute shopping. For next Christmas, I'm starting my shopping on Boxing Day this year! I'll be done my Christmas Shopping even before this year ends! And... I'm taking the TTC! TAKE THAT!

4 comments:

  1. ha-ha-ha! You have to wait for 20 years and you will have fun in the mall like what me and your Tito do! we take our time, we laugh at couples with crying kids, we make fun of the long line ups for a Santa picture. Having a leisurely cup of coffee while watching life passing us by. Mora'g mga retiree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...i'm glad i wasn't with you. haha. i'd prolly hide in one of the bathroom stalls while you yell at that lady. CRAZY!!!!! lol. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! :) crazy mall, and we're in recession?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahah...you know how we have to have verifications when we post a comment? guess unsa nigawas na word for me to verify? AMPER. lol.
    you: hello, naa si amper?
    mrs amper: amper man ming tanan diri dai!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jas & Gem both say "You go Ate Ting!... hep hep hurray!"

    I'm glad they weren't with you kay gubot gyud unta!

    kalidadis-ly yours,
    tita Dang

    ReplyDelete