Sunday, December 14, 2008

SMIIIIIILLLLLLEEEEEE :-)


My sister got braces! Am I jealous? Yes... a bit... Maybe if she had it 18 years ago (not that she was born yet), I would be SUPER JEALOUS! As a little kid, seeing people with braces made me want to get my own. It seemed like the cool thing then- pretty much all "cool" kids, or should I say "teenagers" I knew, had them. This was when I decided that I will get them NO MATTER WHAT. I wanted to be one of those cool chicks with multi-coloured braces. I would change the colours whenever I want- from hot pink to blue to yellow to whatever! I heard about all the pain these cool "braces-wearers" had to go through but I didn't care. I will go through whatever I have to go through to have shiny, colourful things on my teeth. But the problem was... MY TEETH WERE FINE! The dentist told me I WILL NOT BE NEEDING braces- not even retainers (which I was willing to settle for- they're still shiny)! "Oh no! What do I do now?!" I thought of ways to make my teeth "not fine" so then my dentist will eventually change his mind and give me the braces anyway. "I GET WHAT I WANT." So I put my oh-so-BRILLIANT plan to work:

EAT LOTS OF CHOCOLATE, CANDIES, CAKES- ALL THE SWEET STUFF that's supposedly not good for you, especially your TEETH... THEN... DO NOT BRUSH YOUR TEETH AFTERWARDS! HE-HE-HE...

I swear! I was sooo smart! This plan was surely gonna make my TEETH "NOT" FINE anymore. Then, I'll get what I want- BRACES! buwahahaha...


So... that happened when I was about 6 or so. I'm 24 now and I NEVER got braces (not even retainers)- never NEEDED them, so the dentist tells me! But guess what I got instead: CAVITIES galore and ROOT CANALS!


hmmm... can you say, BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR?


**I now brush my teeth as much as I can.

**I think... no, I KNOW... my dentist is wondering how I could have done such damage to my teeth? (sigh!) If only he knew!

And to my sister, Issa... I AM STILL SO JEALOUS that you have those PINK and SILVER stuff on your teeth! Whenever you feel like complaining on how uncomfortable or painful it is, just think of me. Tell yourself you have them on for me since YOU WERE BLESSED with the NOT-SO-FINE TEETH I'VE ALWAYS WANTED!!! ENJOY THEM! :-D

3 comments:

  1. Gem needs braces but she decided she did not like them. Reason: "So what if my teeth is not that straight. I don't want to loose my good teeth just to have those ugly braces!"

    Jas has them and is very anxious when she's going to get off them. Do you know that after the braces, you need retainers... for forever?

    Anyway, you are pretty as you are now!

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww.. shucks! thanks, tita. but ya, i think the whole braces thing was just a phase. but deep inside it felt good that i didnt need them cuz that means i had good teeth. :-) i didnt know about that retainers thing. there's this thing called 'invisalign' i think they're invisible braces/retainers. one of the doctors at my work has them. you cant even tell she has them on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA , my teeth aren't THAT bad -_-"
    & about the retainers, you only wear them until your wisdom teeth grow in, so they make sure that it doesnt affect the way your teeth are & then at first you wear them full time, & then after wards, you wear them periodically. [< - HAHA you can tell i memorized everything the orthodontist said xD]

    ReplyDelete