Friday, August 14, 2009

KIDS AND TECHNOLOGY

A couple of weeks ago, I was home alone with my two little girls- Kyla (6) and Kaelene (1). Kyla wanted to 'role-play' with me and her sister. Here's the scenario Kyla came up with:

Her and Kaelene are streetkids and I'm the lady who sees them outside my house and I decide to adopt them.

This is how it went:

Kyla and Kaelene were on the floor... I mean the street just outside my house. I saw them outside my window so I decided to see why they were all by themselves.

ME: Hi, little girls. What are you doing here all by yourselves?
KYLA: We're streetkids.
ME: Where's your mom and dad?
KYLA: They left us. We are so poor... we don't have a mommy and daddy, we don't have a home, we don't have food and... we don't even have INTERNET!!!

Who would've thought the INTERNET would be considered such a basic necessity along with food and shelter?

After hearing what Kyla said and most importantly the way she said it, I couldn't help but crack up. I explained to her that I was already a teenager when I had the internet. Her reaction: Oh, you guys were poor too?

2 comments:

  1. Laugh Out Loud 1000x !!! ... This is more than enough to pay up for the long, long time you were away. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lingaw kaayo ko ani, Ting... Smart na, grabe pa og sense of humor na imong anak.
    ~^T of T^~

    ReplyDelete